Sony unveils new PlayStation 5 console design plus an awesomely huge list of game releases
Sony Interactive Entertainment has revealed the console design for PlayStation 5 along with a huge lineup of new games coming to the platform.
The console itself boasts a bold, two-tone design that marks a radical departure from previous PlayStation consoles.
PS5 will be available in two options: a standard model with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive, and a digital model without the disc drive.
There’ll be a slate of new accessories to enhance the gaming experience, too, including a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset that offers 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones; HD Camera featuring dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments; Media Remote with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services with ease; and DualSense Charging Station for convenient charging of two DualSense Wireless Controllers.
An exclusive game lineup includes blockbuster series such as Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7, and Horizon Forbidden West, along with brand new titles from the industry’s top game creators. And keep in mind that despite rumour, many of these – such as Spider-Man Miles Morales – are standalone games as opposed to simply expansions of the original.
An enhanced and expanded version of Grand Theft Auto V is coming to PS5, plus a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will be made available free to all PS5 owners within first three months of the title’s launch in 2021.
Now that’s a lot to get excited about!
See the full list of new game releases, below.
PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners
- Astro’s Playroom(Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls(Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars(Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7(Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West(Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales(Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart(Insomniac Games)
- Returnal(Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure(Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 Games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax(Young Horses)
- Ghostwire™: Tokyo(Bethesda)
- Godfall™(Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High(KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto Vand Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3(IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore®(Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits(Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside(Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21(2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™(Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Project Athia*(Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village(Capcom)
- Solar Ash(Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray(Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard(Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless(Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
One Response to “Sony unveils new PlayStation 5 console design plus an awesomely huge list of game releases”
[…] after the design reveal of Sony’s PlayStation 5, fast food chain KFC hopped onto the gaming bandwagon yesterday and released a video showing off […]